Neutering Your Dog: A Comprehensive Course for Responsible Pet Owners
Are you considering neutering your dog but overwhelmed by the choices and information?
If you’re a pet owner contemplating the neutering procedure for your dog, you’re likely faced with many questions and concerns. What are the benefits of neutering in dogs? Are there risks involved? How do you prepare for the surgery, and what does aftercare involve?
Welcome to Petlearnia’s course on “Neutering Your Dog”
Created and authored by qualified veterinarians, this course aims to provide you with a reliable, comprehensive guide to the neutering process. Make decisions for your pet with confidence, supported by expert advice and evidence-based practices.
What you will learn:
- Understanding Anatomy: Gain a foundational understanding of canine reproductive anatomy, including cryptorchidism.
- Types of Neutering Operations: Explore the surgical options available and how to choose the one that’s right for your pet.
- Potential Side-Effects and Benefits: Be fully aware of the pros and cons associated with neutering.
- Preparing for Surgery: Equip yourself with the knowledge needed to prepare for the day of the surgery.
- Post-Surgical Aftercare: Understand the steps required for a smooth and safe recovery.
Why choose this course?
- Credible Information: Our course is written by qualified vets, and has been checked by a vet with a Certificate of Advanced Veterinary Practice in Small Animal Medicine (CertAVP SAM).
- Interactive Learning: Engage with the content through videos, quizzes, voice notes, and clickable diagrams. All learning types are covered!
- Self-Paced: The modular format allows you to absorb the information at your own pace and revisit it when needed. You’ll have access to the course for two years from the date you enrol.
- Regularly Updated: We regularly update the course when new research is published. In addition, there’s a section for tips that other pet owners can contribute to, and we add these regularly, once they have been approved by our vets.
Making informed decisions starts with the right information.
Enrol in “Neutering Your Dog” today
Course last updated: November 2023
Course written by: Dr Joanna Woodnutt BVM BVS MRCVS
Course checked by: Dr Rebecca MacMillan BVetMed CertAVP(SAM) MRCVS